- 2 cups freshly squeezed Pink grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon minced Shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Basil
- freshly Ground black pepper
- 6 ounces fresh Watercress sprigs
- 1 cup diced fresh Mango
- 1 Hass avocadopeeled, pitted, and cut into 6 wedges
This is one of the many stunning fruit salads that you should defiantly try. all you need is grapefruits, avocados, fresh mangos, and a bit of honey for a more inviting sweetness.
This salad is perfect for summer evenings.
my kind of lunch
by Mandy @ flickr
Put the grapefruit juice in a small nonreactive saucepan and simmer until it is reduced to 1 ⁄4 cup, 3 to 4 minutes.
Set it aside and let it cool.
In a medium bowl, combine the cooled reduced grapefruit juice, honey, shallot, mustard, and garlic and whisk to blend. While continuing to whisk, slowly add the oil in steady drizzles until it is thoroughly combined.
Stir in the basil, and season with salt and pepper for flavor.
In a large salad bowl, combine the watercress, mango, and 1 ⁄4 cup of the vinaigrette.
Add pinches of salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
Finally, arrange the avocado on top, and drizzle with more vinaigrette if desired.