- 3 pounds Chicken wingsseparated at the joints
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped Lemongrass bases
- 1/4 cup chopped Shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Ginger
- 3 tablespoons chopped Green onionwhite part only
- 3 tablespoons packed Light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped Garlic
- 1/3 cup Vietnamese fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed Lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup chopped dry and roasted salted Peanuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Cilantro
This recipe provides you with the easiest way to get a taste out of the authentic Vietnamese-style chicken wings and to try something new rather than the typical chicken wings.
These wings can either be grilled or baked in the oven, smothered in the flavorful marinade, and sprinkled with toasted peanuts.
Vietnamese Style Caramel Chicken Wings
by Chrystal Kanu @ flickr
Wash the wing pieces under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.
Set them aside in a resealable plastic bag.
Meanwhile, combine in a food processor the lemongrass, shallots, ginger, green onions, brown sugar, garlic, fish sauce, lime juice, and peanut oil, process until smooth.
Pour the marinade over the chicken wings, seal the bag and let it refrigerate overnight.
Preheat a grill to medium heat.
Remove the chicken wings from the marinade and place them on the grill.
Season the chicken wings with salt and cook for 15 minutes while turning them frequently and often basting with the remaining marinade.
Continue grilling for 8 more minutes until cooked through.
Place the chicken on a platter, and garnish with the chopped roasted peanuts and fresh cilantro.