- 8 Corn tortillas
- 1.5 Paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2 tbs chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed Red Peppers
- 4 Tilapia filets
- 1 tbs Canola oil
- 1/4 cup low-fat Sour cream
- 1.5 teaspoons Brown sugar
- 2 tbs Lime juice
- 1/2 peeled and sliced Avocado
- 1 chopped and seeded Jalapeños
- 1 cup sliced Onion
- 4 wedges of Lime
Tilapia tacos are healthy and quick-to-make. Here are some tips to remember when making tacos:
- Make sure that that you use traditional tortillas. There are so many varieties sold in supermarkets, but they will not probably taste as good as the traditional corn tortillas.
- Two tortillas need to be used for each serving as they are very fragile and can crack easily. Putting two tortillas will ensure that nothing falls apart.
- Tortillas heating is a crucial step and should be done right. You want to make sure that they are equally heated. Warm them until they become supple and pliable. You don’t want them to crack when you are putting the yummy filling. Heat them on a pan and avoid microwaves as they will take the moisture out.
- If you have plenty of time to try this delicious recipe, you can make homemade tortillas. They always taste butter than mass-produced tortillas. They are easy to make and customizable.
When it comes to the filling, you can mix and match many ingredients. Picking your ingredients is not as tricky as picking tortillas. Just stick to picking items similar to the ones mentioned in the recipe.
Taco Tuesday! Tilapia marinated in lime juice
by Jennifer @ flickr
In a food processor, blend sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, and jalapeno until combined. Then add onions and put them aside.
Mix all the spices
Whisk all the spices, including sugar. Sprinkle the mix over tilapia filets.
In a large iron skillet, preheat at medium heat.
Cook tilapia until the desired level of doneness is achieved.
Warm tortillas and put fish and sour cream mix in them.
Embellish the plate with sliced avocadoes and lime wedges.
Serve hot. Enjoy!