- 1/2 pounds of small Zucchini
- 1/2 pounds small Yellow squash
- 6 tablespoons White wine vinegaror champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly Ground black pepperor to taste
- 1/2 cup julienned fresh Mint
- 1/4 cup julienned fresh Basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Chives
- 6 ounces fresh Goat cheesecrumbled
- 1/4 cup Pine nutslightly toasted
This is a simple salad, a great way to use zucchini and yellow squash that is always found in your garden or in your fridge.
The unusual, thin-cut ribbons can easily absorb the simple vinaigrette. The goat cheese, on the other hand, adds an exciting saltiness and tang.
The perfectly cut zucchini slices are oddly satisfying and hunger-inducing. This meal can be served at a dinner date or friends gathering.
Cafe Hollander: Roasted Beet & Butternut Squash Salad
by KidItamae @ flickr
Prepare a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the zucchini and yellow squash—Cook for 2 minutes.
Drain the boiled veggies and set let them cool.
When the squash is cool enough to handle, slice them very thin lengthwise by using a mandoline or a sharp knife, then transfer the squash ribbons to a mixing bowl.
In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
When the squash has completely cooled, you can now add the vinaigrette, mint, basil, and chives. Toss gently to combine.
Finally, crumble goat cheese over the top, sprinkle with the pine nuts, and serve immediately.