- 8 Chicken thighsSkin On And Bone In
- Freshly Ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut oilFor Plum Sauce ;
- 1 Small Coarsely Chopped Onion
- 4 Garlic clovesCoarsely Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Coarsely Chopped Ginger
- 1 Coarsely Chopped Thai Chilli
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground cloves
- 1,5 lbs Red Plumsor Purple Plums Pitted and Coarsely Chopped 2 oz Honey
- 2 oz Honey
- 2 oz Soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated sugar
The particularity of this dish is the plum sauce; in a mere 10 minutes, you will be able to create an amazing sauce that will give the chicken that exotic combination of sweetness and spiciness.
If you are an Asian cuisine fan, then this recipe will impress you for sure!
Peach, Plums and Chicken
by jfolkmann @ flickr
In a medium-size saucepan place, the oil and heat it up.
When it is hot enough, add the onions and garlic and cook until they are soft. Then add to these the ginger, cinnamon, Thai chili, and cloves and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients listed above and cook until the plums have softened and the sauce has started to thicken.
Place the mixture into a food processor or blender and mix them until smooth. Pour into a bowl and allow to cool.
Heat the barbecue up to medium-low indirect heat for cooking the chicken thighs.
Brush oil on the grill first and season the thighs with salt and pepper. Cook on either side until they turn a light golden brown between 1 and 5 minutes
Brush one side of the chicken with the plum sauce made earlier, turn the thighs over and continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes.
Brush the sides of the thighs facing you with more sauce and again turn them over to cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
You should continue turning and basting the thighs with the plum sauce until they are cooked through.