- 1/4 cup ground Cumin
- 2 tablespoons Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Light brown sugar
- cracked black pepper Cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried Oregano
- 2.5 pound Monkfish fillet
If you are having monkfish for the first time ever, this is the easiest recipe to try! A simple seasoning is used and the fish is just cooked to perfection.
grilled monkfish with fresh tomato salsa
by Maggie Hoffman @ flickr
Combine all the spice rub ingredients in a bowl.
Rub the fillet thoroughly with the mixture.
Over a medium-hot fire, grill the monkfish on both sides for a total of about 15 minutes. (The fillet will be sort of round, so roll it as opposed to flipping it in order to cook it evenly.)