- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Maraschino cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup Pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup Dry white wine
- 1/4 cup Hot pepper saucesuch as Crystal ®
- 3/4 cup Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 package fresh Mushroomsstems removed
- 1 small Red onioncut into chunks
- 1 Red bell peppercut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 pint Cherry tomatoes
- 4 skinless, boneless Chicken breast halvescut into 1 inch pieces
- 16 wooden Skewerssoaked in water
- 16 fresh Pineapple chunks
- 16 Maraschino cherriesstemmed
Chicken grilled skewers are a go-to and easy-to-make meal.
Colorful stack of veggies. For a twist, top your grilled chicken and veggies with any of these optional additions to give it more flavor: Lemon juice, Fresh herbs, or feta cheese.
by Happy Krissy @ flickr
Begin by preparing the marinade: In a non-metallic bowl, mix together the juices of lemon, lime, pineapple, and maraschino cherry; add in wine, soy sauce, hot pepper sauce, honey, garlic powder, ginger, brown sugar, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
Add in the chicken, mushrooms, bell peppers, tomatoes, and onions.
Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for at least 60 minutes.
Preheat an outdoor grill to medium and oil the grill rack lightly.
On each skewer, thread chicken, 3 of the veggies, chicken, pineapple, and cherry on top.
You can change up the order of the veggies as you fill up each skewer.
Grill for about 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked through, and the chicken is not pink in the middle anymore.