- 2 teaspoons of dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon of ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground dried Lemon Peel
- 2 teaspoons of ground Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of White sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Ground black pepper
- 4 Lamb shanksabout 12 ounces each
- 1/4 cup fresh Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped Flat-leaf parsley
- chopped Garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of Tomato paste
- for the grill grate Oil
Barbecued lamb shanks are so delicious when done the Moroccan style. The flavors of the dish are sweet and savory. These Moroccan lamb shanks are cooked slowly until it becomes soft and tender. It’s not challenging to prepare, and it’s the perfect dish if you like the taste of multiple spicy and delicious flavors.
by KellyLPW @ flickr
Begin with combining ingredients for the Moroccan Rub.
Heat your grill, and rub lamb shanks with the Moroccan Rub and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Blend the remaining olive oil, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, and tomato paste in a bowl; put it aside.
Coat the grill grate with oil after brushing it. Place the lamb shanks on the grill but away from heat, cover, and cook it. You should notice that the thermometer marks about 155°F, about 1 hour.
Turn and baste with reserved parsley sauce about 3 or 4 times. If the grill has a temperature gauge, keep it around 350°F. Now place shanks on a serving platter.