- 2/3 cup fresh Lemon juiceFor Lemon-Mint Marinade :
- 1 tablespoon of chopped Green olives
- 1 tablespoon of Olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of Kosher salt
- 4 boneless, skinless Chicken breast halves
- for coating grill grate Oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Mint
- 1 PomegranateFor Pomegranate Yogurt :
- 1 Scallionsthinly sliced
- 1.5 teaspoons Honey
- 1 cup Plain yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
This dish might seem complex to you, but it’s straightforward if you follow these guides. The mixture of the ingredients is so coherent in flavor, which makes it a great dish. Lemon-Mint–Infused Chicken with Pomegranate Yogurt will be one of the best dishes you make.
Indian-style yogurt chicken
by kayleighb @ flickr
1. For Lemon-Mint Marinade: put together ingredients in a large bag (preferably zipper-locked); close and shake it.
2. Next, add chicken, press the air out, close the bag, and place it in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours. You should take it out of the refrigerator about 20 minutes before grilling.
3. The next step is to cut pomegranate from stem to blossom end (it would be into quarters). Clean from seeds, and keep half of the seeds in an airtight container (for another usage). Put aside 2 tablespoons of the remaining seeds for garnish.
4. You should put the rest of the seeds in a food processor and purée so that juice and seeds separate (the process takes from 30 seconds to 1 minute).
Pour the juice into a medium bowl (you need to have 3 to 4 tablespoons of juice).
Drip in scallion, honey, yogurt, pepper, and salt.
Heat your grill.
Oil the grill grate after brushing it.
Start grilling chicken and cover it until it becomes no longer pink (about 170°F) (it would take 5 to 7 minutes per side). If your grill has a temperature gauge, it should quell at around 450°F.
Now, you can serve the chicken with Pomegranate Yogurt and garnish with reserved pomegranate seeds and mint. Enjoy!