- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed Orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced Shallots
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Orange zest
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Saltplus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly Ground black pepperplus more to taste
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh Cilantro
- 6 ounces Baby spinach leavesrinsed and spun dry
- 1 cup peeled Julienned jicama
- 1/2 cup diced ripe Tomato
Hurray! Here is a salad that would force you to eat more vegetables but with a twist. Spinach is not your average green; this super vegetable is a nutritional heavyweight and contains many health benefits.
This salad is an excellent healthy meal for keeping a balanced diet and a balanced lifestyle. It includes few ingredients, but it is loaded with vitamins, iron, and proteins.
Mango Jicama Salad
by AK_Wong @ flickr
Mix in a small mixing bowl, combine the orange juice, vinegar, shallot, honey, mustard, garlic, and orange zest. Whisk until it is thoroughly combined
While whisking, slowly add the olive oil in until it is fully incorporated
Add the 1 ⁄4 teaspoon salt and the 1 ⁄ 8 teaspoon black pepper, and stir in the chopped cilantro.
In a medium bowl, combine the baby spinach, jicama, and tomatoes.
Add 1 ⁄4 cup of the vinaigrette, toss and season the salad with salt and pepper for flavor.
Your salad is ready to be served!