- 3 T-Bone Steakabout 1⁄2 inches thick and 1⁄2 to 2 pounds each, at room temperature
- 9 tablespoon Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly Cracked black pepper
- 6 ounces fresh Arugularinsed and spun dry
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed Lemon juiceor more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoons Coarse sea saltor more to taste
- 1/2 cup 1- inch- wide strips of Parmigiano cheeseReggiano or Parmesan cheese
This Italian-style grilled T-Bone steaks recipe is easy and requires simple and affordable ingredients. It is packed with flavor and an excellent option to serve for a weekend dinner party or a special occasion with a bottle of wine.
T-Bone Steak, Florentine style
by Ti Ming Tan @ flickr
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
Rub each steak with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season each steak with 2 teaspoons of kosher salt and 1 teaspoon of cracked black pepper.
Grill the steaks for 6 to 8 minutes and rotate them 90 degrees midway through cooking.
Transfer the steaks to a platter and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.
When they are ready to be served, slice the two sides of each steak away from the T-shaped bone and then very thinly slice each portion of steak against the grain.
Divide the arugula evenly among six large dinner plates, and arrange the steak slices evenly on top of the greens.
Pour any accumulated meat juices over the meat and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the remaining olive oil over each plate.
Sprinkle 1 ⁄4 teaspoon of the sea salt over each plate and garnish with the strips of Parmigiano or Reggiano cheese.
Serve immediately while hot!