- 6 ounce fresh or frozen Tuna steak
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh Ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded Lime peel
- 2 minced Garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry mustard
- 1 bulb Fenneltrimmed, halved, cored, and sliced
- 1 thinly sliced head of Baby bok choy
- 1 cup trimmed fresh Asparagus
- 1 medium Carrotcoarsely shredded
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon White sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Toasted sesame seeds
Although fresh tuna is a particular delicacy, chefs put tinned tuna to good use as well. Either way, we got you covered with this easy to recreate tuna recipe.
In under half an hour, you will be able to make an incredibly delicious and healthy meal.
Tuna steaks are one of the easiest and tastiest fish cuts to cook; combining them with vegetables and ginger will get you a unique and exotic taste; it is the perfect meal to get all the proper nutrients alongside the deliciousness.
by Damon Cowart` @ flickr
Thaw tuna, if frozen and let it set aside.
Combine 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, ginger, lime peel, garlic, salt, sugar, and pepper. Set 1 tablespoon of this mixture aside.
In a small bowl mix remaining 1 tablespoon ginger mixture, vinegar, sesame oil, and dry mustard; set aside.
Create a small fold of heavy-duty foil and place the fennel, bok choy, asparagus, and carrot inside. Drizzle ginger dressing over the vegetables
Once it is seasoned seal the foil and make sure that the vegetables are completely locked inside.
Graze tuna with vegetable oil on both sides
Place tuna steaks and foil packet on a generously greased rack of a grill directly over medium heat.
Grill tuna while covering it for 7 to 8 minutes ;spreading with remaining ginger mixture halfway through grilling.
Grill vegetable packet for about 10 minutes.
Serve tuna with vegetables