- 2 teaspoons of Fennel seedcrushed
- 2 teaspoons of dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried Rosemarycrushed
- 2 teaspoons of Garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon of Ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground Dried orange peel
- 2 tablespoons of Dried basil
- 1 tablespoon of Salted buttersoftened
- 1 Chickenabout 4 pounds, washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon of Vegetable oil
- Oilfor the grill grate
- 2 heads Roasted garlicpeeled and mashed (For Garlic Paste:)
- 2 tablespoons of Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of Ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of chopped Flat-leaf parsley
- Pinch of Cayenne pepperor more to taste
- 3 tablespoons of Water
- 2 tablespoons of fresh Rosemaryor thyme leaves
Garlic herb chicken is a delicious, simple dish. Chicken is best when fire-roasted, with spicy and fresh garlic-herb. This recipe allows the chicken to keep its moist and absorb the different flavors of the ingredients. Fire-Roasted Garlic-herb Chicken recipe is quick and simple to follow.
Chicken roasting in a big barbecue
by Rick Jon Campbell @ flickr
For Provencal Herb Rub, combine your ingredients. Heat your grill. Start with mixing 1 tablespoon of rub with butter. Skin the chicken from the breast and legs, starting at the neck end. Put the herb butter under the skin and try spreading evenly. Put the remaining rub inside the chicken. The next step is to tie the legs together; using 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, rub the chicken’s exterior.
For Garlic Paste, blend the above ingredients.
Coat the grill grate oil after brushing. Put the chicken on the grill, but it should be away from heat, cover it, and grill till you spot that the thermometer inserted in the breast registers 170°F (about 1 hour and 20 minutes).
If you are cooking with charcoal, you have to replenish the coals after 1 hour at most. During the last 20 minutes, Baste twice with Garlic Paste. You should keep the temperature of the grill around 350°F. Use a spatula and tongs to place the chicken on a platter. Set aside for 8 to 10 minutes; you can carve and serve it.