- 2 large Eggplantends trimmed, sliced into 1/3- inch- thick rounds Salt
- 1 Red bell peppercored, seeded, and sliced lengthwise into 8 pieces
- 1 Yellow bell peppercored, seeded, and sliced lengthwise into 8 pieces
- 1 Green BELL peppercored, seeded, and sliced lengthwise into 8 pieces
- 1 Orange bell peppercored, seeded, and sliced lengthwise into 8 pieces
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- freshly Ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Feta cheesecrumbled (3 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh Marjoramoregano, or basil, or a combination 1⁄4 cup extra- virgin olive oil
- 1 juiced Lemon
Eggplants are the quintessential summer vegetables. You can have them grilled, roasted, stewed, fried, and even as a sweet, and in this case, combined with peppers and cheese.
by Michele Dorsey Walfred @ flickr
Place the eggplant slices on a wire rack and sprinkle them lightly with salt on both sides.
Set the rack aside until the eggplant is slightly wet; usually, it will take 15 to 20 minutes.
Blot the eggplant dry with clean paper towels.
Preheat a grill to medium-high.
On a large baking bowl, arrange the eggplant and all the bell pepper slices and brush both sides of all the pieces with the olive oil.
Season with kosher salt and black pepper.
Put the eggplant and peppers on the grill, in batches if necessary, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes while turning them to promote even browning, until they are softened and nicely marked.
Transfer the grilled eggplant slices to a large platter
Top them with the pepper strips, garnish with the crumbled feta, and minced marjoram.
Drizzle some olive oil and lemon juice, and serve either warm or at room temperature.