- Sweet, Hot, and Sour BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup Honey mustard
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 10 ounces dried Navy beansor small white beans, picked over and rinsed
- 4 ounces thick-cut Baconchopped
- 1 small Onionproperly chopped
- 1/3 cup Molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
Barbecued baked beans are a fantastic light dish. The ingredients flow and complete each other to build up a perfect unique flavor. The Baked beans dish is easy to make, suitable for summer grills, and it can always go on the side of any other barbecued dish.
Grandma’s Barbecue Baked Beans
by CinnamonKitchn @ flickr
Mix the ingredients for Sweet, Hot, and Sour BBQ Sauce.
Place beans in a large-sized pot and pour in water by 2 inches. Leave it to soak overnight.
Drain the beans using a colander and put them aside.
Cook bacon in the same bean pot over a low-heat area of the grill so that it becomes crisp (about 10 minutes).
Transfer the pot to a medium-heat area, add onion, and cook till it becomes soft (about 5 minutes).
Add beans and pour enough water so that beans are covered by 1 inch.
Start stirring in molasses and barbecue sauce.
Transfer to boil, then move back the pot to a low-heat area of the grill and simmer lightly until the beans become tender (4 to 5 hours), stirring now and then and pouring in hot water when it’s needed.
You need to keep a steady medium heat and stir in pepper and salt.