- 3 pounds Chicken leg quarterschicken leg/thigh quarters trimmed of excess skin and fat
- 2 tablespoons of the Dry Rub
- 1/4 cup HoneyFor the Honey Lacquer
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Ketchup
- 1 minced Garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons Sesame seeds
- 2 quarts Apple cider vinegarFor the Dry Rub
- 1 cup fresh Orange juice
- 4 Cinnamon stick
- 8 Whole cloves
- 8 whole Allspice
- 750 ml bottle Tennessee whiskey
- 1 cup Triple sec
If you are a fan of Asian cuisine and the way they make their sauces, this chicken recipe will become your favorite for its tasteful sweet and sour flavors.
You will fall in love with this recipe; we assure you!
BBQ Asian Chicken
by Brad Dixon @ flickr
Start by making the dry rub and pour the apple cider and orange juice into a large slow cooker.
Tie the cinnamon, cloves, and allspice in a piece of cheesecloth and drop the bundle in the slow cooker. Cover and heat on low until warm.
Just before serving, add the whiskey and the triple sec.
Preheat the oven to 500°F.
Place the chicken in a roasting pan or on a rimmed baking sheet.
Sprinkle the dry rub on all sides.
Place the chicken in the oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 400°F. Roast for 30 minutes.
While the chicken bakes, Combine all the ingredients for the Honey Lacquer in a small bowl.
Remove the chicken from the oven and brush with the Honey Lacquer.
Return the chicken to the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds.