Instant Pot Steak Recipes – Rib Eye Steak & Mongolian Beef Recipe
Instant Pot beef stew
by Jeremy Yoder @ flickr
No wonder why the Instant Pot has a huge fan-base among kitchen lovers. Beef steak is not often the easiest dish to prepare, but things will get a lot easier if you use an Instant Pot. People love eating steak, especially when cooked right. The Instant Pot is mainly created to speed up the cooking process and deliver an amazingly cooked steak recipe.
How do we make healthy and tender steak while saving our time and money? What is the best meat to cook in an instant pot?
We will give you the secrets of using the Instant Pot to make successful steak recipes. We will share with you as well a few tips and guidelines to know everything you need about instant pot meat recipes.
- How to cook steak in an Instant Pot?Cooking in an instant pot:
- What are all the different types of steak that we can cook in an instant pot?
- Making meat tender in an instant pot
- Does meat get more tender when you keep it for a longer time in the instant pot?
- Other Instant Pot Steak recipes:
- Some Instant pot beef recipes
- Can I cook frozen steak in an instant pot?
How to cook steak in an Instant Pot?
Cooking in an instant pot:
An Instant Pot is a multicooker, also known as a pressure cooker, is actually essential if you are short on time to cook. An Instant Pot is a quick, easy and affordable way to whip up home-cooked meals.
Over the past years, Instant Pots have become a staple in small kitchen equipment. Busy parents use them to prepare dinner on the table in minutes, while cookers use them to simplify midweek meals.
In this article, you will find everything you need to prepare a tasty Instant pot steak. A steak rich in flavor and with a soft texture that almost melts in your mouth.
What are all the different types of steak that we can cook in an instant pot?
1) Tenderloin: Filet mignon, Chateaubriand, filet
- Ribeye: Entrecote, Delmonico, Scotch fillet, Spencer, market, beauty
- Skirt steak
- New York Strip: NY strip, Manhattan, Kansas City strip, top sirloin, top loin
- Porterhouse: T-bone, date steak
- Flank steak
Making meat tender in an instant pot
One of the most significant concerns that all meat-eaters and gastronomic enthusiasts share is how to make meat more tender?
In fact, the key to tenderness lies in collagen. This protein has an important feature that aids in providing that soft texture we love. When heated up during the cooking process, it cut up into gelatin.
Depending on the cut of meat you’re using, there will be more or less of this connective tissue ready to break-down into gelatin. This is why some cuts are more prone to becoming tender than others. Hence, it is advisable to take the butcher’s advice as to which cut is the best choice for whatever type of dish or recipe.
Does meat get more tender when you keep it for a longer time in the instant pot?
Actually, all cuts of meat can become more tender in an instant pot. However, there is more to tender meat than simply choosing a particular cut. Having a quality recipe and the way you treat the cuts in the cooking process is also of enormous importance. Because of the high-pressure environment created inside the Instant pot, meat can cook exceptionally quickly compared to other methods. This means that you are accelerating the process of breaking-down those connective tissues into the gelatin that will make your meat soft and tender as can be.
Make sure to follow a high-quality and precise recipe to not overcook the meal because of how comparatively speedy the process is.
Below is a top recipe for a tenderized sandwich steak:
- 2 pounds beef chuck
- 1-tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 slices rye bread
- 6 slices cheese
- 2 tablespoons scallions
- Put beef cubes in the instant pot.
- Add the salt, black pepper, and cumin and mix well.
- Bring up to full pressure over medium-high heat, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Carefully release pressure when time is up.
- Check to make sure meat is tender.
- Let the meat rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and toast the rye bread.
- Top with each slice with Swiss cheese and meat, and place on a cookie sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake until cheese is melted (it takes around 5 minutes).
Serve and Enjoy
Other Instant Pot Steak recipes:
1. Instant pot steak soup
Prepare a tasty and healthy soup full of steak that should take hours to be ready and rightly cooked, but in the Instant Pot, it does not take more than take 20 min.
- 2 pounds round steak, preferably cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 envelop dry onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups of medium egg noodles
- Put all the ingredients in the Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Cover and set the valve to sealing.
- Set to high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Once finished, release the pressure.
- Stir in the noodles.
- Cook the noodles for about 5 minutes until they are soft.
Your soup is ready to serve and enjoy!
2. Instant pot Ribeye steak
You can make a super juicy, tender, and full of flavor ribeye steak In an instant pot.
- 1 pound ribeye steak
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Sauce Ingredients
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup streaky bacon
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Put the ribeye steaks and sprinkle generously with steak seasoning on both sides.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute high and add oil.
- Add rosemary on the second side, after one minute
- Remove the steak and set it aside.
- Add the garlic, onion, butter, bacon, and the red wine
- Let the red wine reduce by about half. It might take about 2 minutes
- Add pepper and beef stock and cook them on high pressure for 20 minutes
- Take out the steak and let the sauce mix reduce for about 3 minutes
- Add the cream and stir well, then add some sugar
- Let the sauce thickens just a little
- Remove from the heat and keep stirring.
Serve with salad or fried potatoes and Enjoy
3. Instant Pot Country Steak for dinner
- 3 pounds of Beef Round Steak
- 2 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup of All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup of Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- 6 cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 cup of Diced Celery
- 1/2 cup of Diced Onion
- 2 cups of Kettle and Beef Bone Broth
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- Cut your steak into equal portions.
- Pat the flour onto both sides of your steak.
- Heat your vegetable oil in your Instant Pot using the Saute function.
- In batches, brown your steaks on both sides.
- Add your remaining ingredients to your Instant Pot.
- Lock the lid and seal the steam nozzle.
- Select the Meat setting and adjust to 30 minutes, or set it on manual for 30 minutes.
- Release for about 5 minutes, then quick release any of the remaining pressure.
- Your instant pot steak is ready Serve and Enjoy!
Some Instant pot beef recipes
1. Homemade instant pot Beef broth recipe
Beef broth is used in Italian cuisine as the base for soups and even pasta sauces that feature meat. For a better broth, use a mix of meaty bones like oxtails and collagen-rich marrow bones.
- 3 pounds meaty beef bones
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large carrot, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat the broiler and season the bones with salt and pepper, and arrange them on the baking sheet.
- Cook until well browned, around 10minutes.
- Transfer the bones and accumulated juices from the baking sheet to the pot.
- Add 8 cups of cold water, the onion, tomato paste, carrot, peppercorns, thyme, and bay leaf to the pot.
- Lock on the top and adjust to high pressure for 40 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is up, let the pressure come down, about 30 minutes.
- Strain the broth through a fine-mesh sieve into a larger bowl; discard the solids.
- Refrigerate, at least 1 hour, until completely cooled.
- Take off the fat that rises to the top and reserve it for another use. Transfer the broth to airtight containers.
The beef broth can be stored in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
2. Instant Pot Hearty Beef Stew
- 2 pounds of Stew Beef
- 2 cups of Diced Celery
- 3 cups of Diced Carrot
- 1 1/2 cups of Diced Onion
- 4 cups of Peeled & Diced Russet Potato
- 4 1/2 teaspoons of Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 teaspoons of Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1 teaspoon of Dried Basil
- 14 1/2 ounces of Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of Dried Thyme
- 1 whole Bay Leaf
- 14 fluid ounces of Kettle & Fire’s Beef Bone Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- Put all of your ingredients into your Instant Pot
- Lock the cover, then seal the steam nozzle.
- Choose the Meat / Stew button and adjust to 35 minutes or set it manually for approximately 35 minutes.
- Naturally, release the pressure for 5 minutes and Quick release any of the remaining pressure.
- Remove the bay leaf.
Your instant pot beef stew is ready! Serve and Enjoy
3. Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
- 1/2 pounds of Sliced Flank Steak
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup of Arrowroot
- 3/4 cup of Coconut Aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon of Peeled & Minced Fresh Ginger
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of Grated Carrot
- 3/4 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of Green Onion (Scallion)
- With arrowroot powder, coat the flank steak
- Mix your honey, ginger, water, carrots, coconut aminos, olive oil,
and green onion
- Put the mixture in your Instant Pot.
- Add your flank steak to the mixture in the Instant Pot.
- Set on the Meat setting or set manually for approximately 35
- Naturally release pressure for about 5 minutes and Quick release any of
the remaining pressure.
- Your instant pot Mongolian beef is ready! Serve and Enjoy.
Can I cook frozen steak in an instant pot?
Instant pot makes super frozen steak in a quick and easy manner.
Below is the recipe of a delicious frozen steak instant pot:
How to cook a frozen steak?
- 2 lbs Round steaks
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons of Sauce
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon of steak flavoring
- 1 cup of meat stock
- 4 little potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Place the onions and the round steak in the instant pot.
- Mix the vinegar and A-1 sauce in a little bowl, then season with steak flavoring.
- Put the meat stock and remaining ingredients.
- Spot your potatoes on a sheet of foil.
- Season with garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Put your steaks in the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Release the pressure when time is up.
- Serve with green salad and top with delightful onions.
In a nutshell
Instant pots are essential in our modern kitchens. With high-quality recipes such as the ones provided in this article, you can slash your food bills, save your time and especially enjoy a tasty meal.
Instant Pot beef recipes are fantastic when you are in a rush. Speed is key in weeknight meals. An instant pot is a stunning way to quickly cook the steak bites until they are nice, juicy, and tender.