A cheesy double-patty burger by The Beef Chief, an Amsterdam-based burger hot-spot.
by Loes Klinker @ unsplash
Meat lover, vegetarian, or vegan, we all love sandwiches! It doesn’t matter where you come from, your country or your culture probably has its own Beef Sandwich recipes you grew up eating; It can go from sweet to savory, from just one to multiple ingredients with the bread.
The possibilities are endless, and everyone has a favorite sandwich, unlike anyone else!
Today’s sandwich is one of the most popular sandwiches out there, and we are sure it has many fans. No, it is not Gordan Ramsay’s stupid sandwich; it is the roast beef sandwich!
A roast beef sandwich is an ultimate joy for meat lovers! Meaty, delicious, with fantastic gravy and some of your favorite other condiments. On point!
Before sharing some roast beef sandwich recipes with you, we want to share a roast beef recipe to use when preparing your favorite hot roast beef sandwich.
Roast Beef for Sandwiches
Roast beef sandwiches work better with leaner cuts; a top loin roast is an ideal choice. But if you want a more economical cut, you can use the bottom, top, or Eye Round.
- 2 grated garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons rosemary leaves
- 2 and a half pounds boneless beef top loin roast
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic, salt, pepper, and rosemary, then spread the paste all over the meat. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for 3 hours up to overnight.
- When ready to cook the meat, remove it from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Coat the roast lightly with olive oil and place it on a wire rack set on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast the meat for 75 to 95 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 125 to 130°F.
- Let the meat cool entirely before carving.
Remember, you don’t have to make roast beef for your sandwiches, you can use leftovers; your roast beef sandwiches will turn out just as great!
Not that we have the star of the dish ready, we can start making our beef sandwiches!
1. Roast Beef Sandwich recipe with Horseradish Cream
If you want to up your roast beef sandwich game, this recipe is for you!
For the cooked vegetables:
- 1 thinly sliced potato
- 1 thinly sliced sweet potato
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 peeled and thinly sliced shallots
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- For the cream sauce:
- 2/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated horseradish
- 1 tablespoon chiffonade basil
- 1 tablespoon sliced shallots
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
For the beef sandwich:
- 2 pounds of thinly sliced roast beef
- 8 kaiser rolls, sliced and toasted
- 4 cups arugula leaves
- 2 cups of kale microgreens
- 4 very thinly sliced radishes
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Spread the potatoes on sheet trays lined with parchment paper, drizzle them with the oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the shallots out on a separate sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and sugar.
- Brush the shallots with the mixture and place all of the trays in the oven.
- Cook the potatoes for 20 minutes and the onions for 25 minutes, basting them with the balsamic mixture every 6 to 7 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese, grated parmesan, grated horseradish, chiffonade basil, shallots, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper, then mix well and keep it cool.
- Spread a layer of the cream sauce on the bottom of your toasted kaiser bun, add some arugula leaves. Top with the beef, followed up with some potatoes, then the balsamic shallots, sliced radishes, and kale. Top off with the other half of the kaiser bun.
- Serve and enjoy
This beef sandwich is a show stopper and is always the hero anytime you serve it up to family or friends.
2. Roast Beef Sandwich with Watercress Slaw
This beef sandwich is perfect for a quick no-cook dinner.
- 1 cup packaged angel hair slaw
- 1 cup chopped trimmed watercress
- 1/3 thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 French baguette
- 4 teaspoons softened butter
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 8 slices of tomatoes
- In a medium bowl, combine the angel hair slaw, watercress, green onions, tarragon, mayonnaise, and black pepper, then set aside.
- Cut the baguette cross wide into 4 pieces, then cut each piece in half horizontally.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of butter on each bottom piece of baguette, divide roast beef evenly over them.
- Add about 1 cup of slaw mixture and 2 tomato slices over each sandwich and top with top halves of baguette.
And in less than 20 minutes, you can enjoy this delicious, refreshing roast beef sandwich.
3. Roast Beef Sandwich with Blue Cheese
The meaty flavor of roast beef and the funky taste of blue cheese create a very delicious beef sandwich that will fill your stomach and soul!
- 2 tablespoons nonfat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 onion sandwich buns, sliced
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 green pepper rings
- 4 red onion slices
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, and pepper, then mix them well.
- Spread the sauce on the cut sides of sandwich buns.
- Line the bottom half of each sandwich with a lettuce leaf, 2 tomato slices, 2 bell pepper rings, and 2 onion slices. Top with the roast beef, blue cheese, and then add the top halves of the buns.
A filling and flavorful beef sandwich you can pack for your lunch.
4. Chipotle Roast Beef Sandwich
Here’s another delicious and straightforward beef sandwich recipe.
- 3 oz beef deli roast
- 1 kaiser roll
- 1 oz sliced pepper jack
- 1/4 cup watercress
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- A pinch ground chipotle chile pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise with chipotle chile pepper.
- Spread the mayo on the bottom half of the roll. Top with the beef, pepper jack cheese, and watercress, then add the top half of the roll.
5. Roast beef sliders
If you are a fan of hot roast beef sandwiches, you will absolutely love these sliders!
- 8 slider buns
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 to 10 roast beef
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 spoon chili powder
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Separate the bottom from the top of the buns. Place the bottom buns in a baking dish.
- Spread a thin layer of butter, then add 1/2 cup of cheese, sliced beef, then another 1/2 cup of beef.
- Place the bun tops on top.
- Melt 2 more tablespoons of unsalted butter and drizzle it on top of the buns.
- Sprinkle it with garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the top buns are crunchy.
- Serve hot.
These sliders or mini beef sandwiches are a great appetizer, and the kids will love them!
6. Roast Beef Panini
- 1 whole-wheat sandwich thin
- 2 oz roast beef
- 1 slice low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 thin tomato slices
- Handful of spinach
- Combine the horseradish and mayo.
- On one slice of bread, spread the horseradish mixture, top with cheese, roast beef, tomatoes, and spinach, then top with another slice of bread.
- Place the assembled beef sandwich in a preheated panini press.
- Press the lid down and allow it to cook for a few minutes until crispy and the cheese is melted.
And here, quickly, we turned a roast beef sandwich into a roast beef panini masterpiece!
7. Hot Roast Beef Sandwich recipe
Here’s an easy way to turn your leftover roast beef or deli into a delicious hot roast beef sandwich in no time!
- 1 and a half cups brown gravy
- 1 pound sliced roast beef or deli-style roast beef
- 4 long hard rolls
- Set a skillet over medium-high heat, add the gravy and heat it to a boil.
- Add the beef to the skillet and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook until the mixture is hot, stirring to make sure the beef is coated with gravy.
- Divide the beef and gravy among the rolls and serve
Making a hot roast beef sandwich cannot get easier or faster, and it will surely satisfy your craving for a nice beef sandwich.
8. Cheesy Hot Roast Beef Sandwich
A hot roast beef sandwich hits differently. It is filling, hearty, and incredibly comforting.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup spicy mustard
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon horseradish mayonnaise
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 12 soft hamburger buns, halved
- 1 pound thinly shaved roast beef
- 8 oz sliced provolone
- 8 oz American cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the mayo, mustard, poppy seeds, grated onion, horseradish mayo, and Worcestershire.
- Spread the dressing on both sides of the buns.
- On the bottom bun, lay on some provolone, roast beef, top with the American cheese, then place the top bun on top.
- Wrap every sandwich in a foil square.
- Put the wrapped beef sandwiches on a baking sheet in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the buns are slightly crusty and the cheese is melted.
This hot roast beef sandwich is great for a crowd. It is easy and quick to make, and it will impress your guests!
9. Hot Roast Beef Sandwich with Melted Provolone
The cheesy goodness of melted provolone is the perfect pairing with a hot roast beef sandwich.
- 1 cup French onion soup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 4 Hoagie rolls with sesame seeds
- 4 Slices provolone cheese, cut in half
- 1/4 cup drained pickled banana pepper rings
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the soup with the Worcestershire in a saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.
- Add the beef and heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Divide the beef evenly among the rolls, top the beef with the cheese, and place the beef sandwiches onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 3 minutes until every beef sandwich is toasted and the cheese is melted.
- Spoon the soup mixture onto the sandwiches and top each beef sandwich with 1 tablespoon of pepper rings.
In less than 15 minutes, you can prepare a mouthwatering, restaurant-style hot roast beef sandwich.
10. Slow Cooker Hot Roast Beef Sandwich
How about another version of the beloved hot roast beef sandwich?
- 4 pound bottom round beef roast
- Salt and pepper
- Onion powder
- 1 and a half cups brown gravy
- White sourdough bread
- Mashed potatoes
- Place the roast into a large slow cooker.
- Sprinkle some salt, pepper, and onion powder on the beef.
- Pour the gravy over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- When ready, remove the roast, place it on a plate, and then shred the meat.
- De-grease the gravy in the slow cooker.
- Serve the shredded beef and gravy over the bread with mashed potatoes to the side.
Enjoy this comforting beef sandwich with your family on a cold winter night.
There are so many beef sandwiches out there, but a roast beef sandwich or a hot roast beef sandwich is one of the best ones!
It cannot go wrong! You can serve it with some hot gravy or add to it all of your favorite toppings to suit your taste.